WHAT IS OUR MISSION AT FOUNDING FATHERZ MENTORING PROGRAM?
Founding Fatherz Inc. (FFZ), a non-profit, community service organization, works to support youth through mentoring, tutoring, coaching, and social justice education. FFZ focuses on the whole child, emphasizing the importance of academic success, social and emotional development, personal responsibility, and teamwork. FFZ’s mission is to provide positive adult role models who establish bonds and demonstrate care, both shown to improve academic and future outcomes for youth.
FFZ Core Beliefs
- All youth benefit from caring adults in their lives.
- All youth benefit from being successful in school.
- Every child deserves equal access to a quality public education.
- Every child can and should succeed in school.
- Accountability to trusted adults increases academic success.
- Building on students’ strengths enhances development, confidence, and self-efficacy.
- Caring relationships provide the foundation for school and life success.
- We are all role models.
- Kids are always watching.
- No one can take away your voice and your power. Use both wisely.
- Every individual matters.